26. Investigation of magnetic flux density using a Hall probe
- How does the field vary along the axis?
- How does the field at the end compare to the centre?
- How does the field vary with current? (N/L constant)
- How does the field vary with number of turns per unit length?
smoothed dc power supply
0 - 5A dc ammeter
cathode ray oscilloscope (CRO)
Heat – the equipment will get hot if the power is left on.
Students should wear eye protection and should only connect the power when taking measurements. Switch off equipment when not taking measurements.