22. Investigation into the role of nitrogen and magnesium in plant growth
- 00:35 Why do you set up 5 test tubes of each solution?
- 00:53 Why should you wrap foil round the tubes?
- 01:02 Why must all seedlings be placed in the same light and temperature conditions?
- 01:10 Why is dry mass measured?
- 01:14 What differences do you observe between the seedlings?
- 01:16 What explanations can you give for any observed and measured differences between the seedlings?
sach’s complete water culture solution
sach’s water culture solution lacking nitrate ions
sach’s water culture solution lacking magnesium ions
test tubes (1 per culture solution)
germinated barley seedlings
Broken glass is sharp
Care when using so as not to break. If breakage occurs, sweep up and dispose of broken glass carefully.